The triumphant return! In this episode, we discuss Gothic romance, monsters as a metaphor for marginalized communities, and the long history of romancing the monster. Baby, lock the door and turn the lights down low as we discuss the 1992 Gothic horror Candyman and the 2017 fantasy drama The Shape of Water.
Plus, we discuss color meanings, music reflecting theme, and the Christian symbolism for bees.
- Find us on Twitter @eerie_earfuls
- Find us on the web at https://eerieearfuls.wordpress.com/
- “Baba Yaga”, “Anxiety”, and “Night of Chaos” by Kevin MacLeod
- Licensed under Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution
- Logo designed by Justin Dow
- Logo original images by Stuart Childs and DevonTT of Flickr.
- Our twitters: @whirlingnerdish and @b_d0w_11
- "The Shape of Water" by Alexandre Desplat (The Shape of Water: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (2017), Decca Records)
- "Cabrini Green" by Philip Glass (Candyman: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (2014), One Way Static)