Welcome to season 2!!! Sorry about the delay getting this out. As is fitting for episode 13, we have had several production issues, but we're doing our best to catch up!
In this episode, we discuss how much Hitchcock sucked as a person, wildly dangerous film sets, and how music, or the lack thereof, can influence tone and mood. Get trapped with us as we discuss the 1963 horror thriller The Birds, and the 1986 vehicular horror comedy Maximum Overdrive.
Plus, we discuss cocaine and how story adaptations diverge from their sources.
A quick note just in case: We discuss some legal allegations and court cases in this episode, and we give our opinions on those cases and allegations. Just be aware these are only our opinions and we are not lawyers, legal scholars, nor do we have any direct insight or connections into what we discussed. We just discussed what we read about online and gave our opinions.
- Find us on Twitter @eerie_earfuls
- Find us on the web at https://eerieearfuls.wordpress.com/
- “Baba Yaga”, “Anxiety”, and “Night of Chaos”
- Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
- Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
- Logo designed by Justin Dow
- Our twitters: @whirlingnerdish and @b_d0w_11
Sources and Extra Reading:
- "Clips from Maximum Overdrive" (Lionsgate Home Entertainment, 1986)
- "Clips from The Birds" (Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, 1963)
- "Who Made Who" by AC/DC (Sony Legacy 2006)
- "Planting and Payoff" by Lindsey Ellis (YouTube, released 2017)